The chateau on periphery of Turnov was founded about 1280 by aristocratic clan Markvartici, originally established as a Gotic fortified castle on a rock above right riverbank of Jizera. By noble clan of Vartenberk was Rohozec rebuilt to the Renaissance shaped manor house at commence of 17. century and renewed according to Baroque and Empire style afterwards.
The chateau is seasonaly open for public and it provides two sight-seeing routes (60 or 40 min.). It is possible to see original ancient interiors with its furnishings (dining-room, library) and exposition of historical habitation and clothing from Renaissance to Secession. Rohozec is surrounded by english gardens.